Why not purchase one of our Gift Vouchers redeemable on a holiday in any of our cottages - an ideal birthday or anniversary gift.
Just email for details
Why not follow us on Twitter - just click on the button below ...
To view our brochure online
All bookings are accepted on the following terms:
- Northumbria Coast and Country Cottages Limited ("the Agent") acts as booking agents on behalf of owners of holiday accommodation ("the Owner"). The letting arrangements are made by the Agent on behalf of the Owner and the contractual relationship in connection with the letting will be between you and the Owner. The Agent is not and will at no time be party to that contract.
- No contract with the Owner exists until a completed booking form or web reservation form has been received by the Agent with a deposit of 50% of the rent and a confirmation of the booking has been dispatched. The contract is subject to these booking conditions. Once you have received confirmation, you are liable for the balance of the rent and this must be paid 8 weeks before the date of the commencement of the holiday. You must pay the Cancellation Protection Insurance with the deposit if required.
- The booking shall be deemed to be for the purpose of the people whose names appear on the booking form. The maximum number of persons allowed at the property is clearly stated in the particulars and must not be exceeded without the prior consent of the Owner. In the event that the maximum number is exceeded without the Owner's prior consent, the Owner has the right to revoke the booking without refund or any further liability. Bookings will not be accepted from parties of young people and the Owner reserves the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which may in their opinion be unsuitable for the property concerned. If this clause is not complied with, the Owner may immediately on discovering such breach terminate your licence to use the property without refund.
- If you cancel a booking for which you have contracted, the Agent will do what it reasonably can to re-let the property. If the Agent is successful in re-letting the property, the Agent will refund any payment made by you, less the £16.00 booking fee including VAT, the handling charge of £35.00 + VAT for every week booked and the insurance premium fees. Should the cancellation be for reasons not covered by the insurance plan and the Agent is unable to re-let the booking, the booking is forfeit and the balance is still payable on the due day. For circumstances covered by the insurance plan all monies will be refunded less the booking fee, cancellation insurance premium and administration fee.
- Once a booking has been accepted, it can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation. Holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the owner is agrees to the change. A handling charge of £35 + VAT will be payable for any changes to the original booking.
- If for any reason it proves necessary for us to make a change in your holiday booking by reason of the unexpected withdrawal of the property by the owner, by reason of overbooking, or for some other reason, the Agent will use reasonable endeavours to make an alternative booking, or failing this will refund to you any monies paid by you. Nevertheless, the Agent shall be under no further obligation or liability to you in this respect.
- Keys must be collected from and returned to the key holder/location. Details will usually be given, unless the Agent states otherwise, when the Agent acknowledges your final balance.
- The Agent neither owns nor operates the holiday accommodation, and your occupation of the property is subject to any conditions, rules and regulations imposed by the Owner. The Agent shall have no liability to you for any costs, fees, expenses, damages or loss resulting from your booking. Nothing in these Booking Conditions shall be deemed to exclude or limit the Agent's liability in relation to death, personal injury or fraud resulting from it's negligence.
- You are obliged to keep the holiday accommodation and all furnishings, fixtures, fittings and effects, in the same state of cleanliness, repair and condition as they were in at the commencement of the holiday. You must ensure that the holiday accommodation and all furnishings, fixtures, fittings and effects, are left clean and tidy. If the Owner is dissatisfied with the condition of the property, furnishings, fittings, fixtures and/or effects, you shall reimburse the Owner for any and all costs, expenses and fees incurred by the Owner in remedying such default.
- You will be responsible for any damage to the holiday accommodation, or the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects. Anything broken or damaged should forthwith be repaired, or replaced with an article of similar type and value. If this is not possible, any damage or breakage should be reported to the owner or to the Agent, and paid for before departure. Owners reserve the right to raise invoices for any damage caused during your stay at a later date.
- You will permit the Owner or the Agent (with or without workmen or others) at reasonable times and on reasonable notice to enter and inspect and if necessary to repair the property or to enter the property without notice in an emergency to repair the property or adjoining premises.
- You must not assign or part with the possession of the property or any part of it, or anything contained in the property or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form.
- You must ensure that nothing happens which may be a nuisance or inconvenience to occupiers of neighbouring or adjoining property or adversely affect any insurance of the property and also ensure that the floors are not overloaded.
- It is clearly stated in the particulars whether or not pets are allowed at the property. This must be strictly adhered to. If pets are allowed, then you must keep them under strict control. You must not leave pets unattended in the properties and you must exercise them away from the premises. Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture.
- If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday home, then this should immediately be reported to the owner or the Agent. The Agent accepts no liability for remedying any complaint, but will refer the complaint to the Owner. Complaints which are not reported immediately, will not be entertained subsequently, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
- These conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by you, at the time when you complete the booking form.
- The Agent takes every care to ensure the accuracy, both written and verbal, of the property/village details. All information on this website and in the Agent's Brochure is provided by the Owner and replicated in good faith by the Agent. Your contract is with the Owner and any issues in relation to the description of the property must be addressed to the Owner. Please be aware that if the property is advertised as having any enclosed garden, this does not necessarily mean a secure garden. It may be enclosed by hedging or open style fencing. Furthermore the Owner cannot accept liability for happenings outside its reasonable control, such as temporary invasion of pests, neighbouring building works, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions.
- No person in the Agent's employment has any authority to make or give any binding representation or warranty whatsoever in respect of any holiday accommodation or otherwise.
- It may be that from time to time the Owner charges a damage deposit. You agree to pay such damage deposit at the request of the Owner. The Owner shall be entitled to deduct from the damage deposit the cost of remedying any breach of your obligations under clauses 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 17.
A copy of our booking form is available for download from this site.
© 2009 Northumbria Coast & Country Cottages